View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 12th, 2014, 10:29 PM
I was pondering this over dinner with my better half... and she to was intrigued by the idea, but brought back out a valid point I had forgotten.....

"what if the player has more than one character?"

In our campaign, I run one world (realm) but the world is vast and wide and there are 3 groups of PCs that explore it (based on who is available for table time is what determines which PC group runs that weekend).

So it would be very possible from a player perspective like hers that if the colors were defined by player, she could get three differing reveals mish-mashed together from the collection of what her 3 different PCs know all marked with the same color assigned to her.

This is why I brought this up to Rob early on about reveal levels and he confirmed it was indeed the plan to go down to the character level, not just the Player Level.

see here>
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...469#post198469

So if that holds true (and I hope that it does) not quite sure how the "filter" will respond unless there are ALOT more color variables....

As Rob is often fond of saying ... it is easy to imagine something .. quite a bit different to bring those imaginings to reality at times, especially not knowing the intricacies of how the code would respond.

It is also why having a pulldown as suggested earlier in this thread may be the better approach. Then it could be filtered by the PC selected.

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; December 12th, 2014 at 10:31 PM. Reason: fix link
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote