View Single Post
zarlor

Old December 28th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Not really, and it may not really be possible in some sense anyway because, technically, NPC do not have to meet the same rule requirements as PCs (as is mentioned with some regularity on the Pinnacle forums.) Now Archetypes SHOULD follow the rules, but they don't necessarily always do so. Mostly, though, Advances shouldn't throw you too many loops and I wouldn't call that a Supers issue anyway (since Advances are going to happen after all Super Power Points get spent, except in the rarer instance when using something like the "Rising Stars" setting rule, which personally I don't recommend using anyway having played several campaigns with and without that setting rule.) While it is true that some Advances can affect some super powers (most notably Super Attribute and Super Skill) overall the Advances shouldn't throw you too big of a loop trying to figure out.

Probably the best place to ask about that would be the Pinnacle forums, though, or on the forums for the sourcebook you are getting your NPCs from, with which NPCs in particular you are running into issues with. Lots of helpful and experienced folks who may be able to help walk you through a few of the examples, or you could try starting a new thread here (I wouldn't use this one since, IMHO, it's really more for specific questions or issues with the new SPC2 data file update rather than more generic questions like that.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #27 Reply With Quote