View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 15th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
But I'm about to convert 20 Legacy realms to PF and then AGAIN to 5e.
Then I'm about to export those 40 realms for publication.....
Um, I missed this comment before, so let me chime in here. You should NOT convert 20 realms to PF and THEN convert the PF realms to D&D. I'm pretty sure that's not exactly what you plan on doing, but just in case...

What you should do is leave all the existing realms as Legacy for now - or convert them to Other. Then clean them up all after I publish the Content Sharing Guidelines, for which I'll have an initial draft available in a few days (hopefully sooner). That way, you do that work once, since it will apply to both flavors (PF and D&D). At that point, you should then COPY each of the realms so that you have two clones of each. You can then convert each of the realm a single time to PF or D&D. When you're done, you'll have a PF version that can be tailored with PF-specific material and a D&D version that can tailored with D&D-specific material. And you won't have to do anything general between them in duplicate, so this is the past of least work for you to get this stuff across the finish line.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote