View Single Post
AEIOU

Old February 12th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Please consider this a user demand due to other VTT tools not meeting user needs. But not until RW is on firm footing....

Lots of VTT choices are indeed available, but none are integrated with the other tools out there. This results in importing, cleaning up, adding tokens, tracking results, etc.

I'm having to do double work for most things right now. Two sets of maps. Setup of tokens is done out of context. Two sets of HL files. No access to notes/treasure/background during play or a robust history of the encounter to refer back to within RW unless you recreate it manually.

I can see Profantasy CC3 maps being editable and linked directly from RW as being quite doable. It would be great if RW could then auto-create a PNG/JPG from this much like HeroLab creates a statblock. This is an ideal situation that most 3rd party tools won't be able to take advantage of.

I don't see Fantasy Grounds, d20pro, maptools, etc. doing the same level of integration as they each have very different implementations and goals. They were created as completely standalone products.

Keeping RW agnostic is a great first step towards creating an agnostic VTT.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote