View Single Post
EightBitz

Old April 9th, 2018, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
I understand this, but some of the people complaining also don't seem to have a problem affording $25/yr. Unfortunately for the people that can't afford it, they will have to live with pcgen for starfinder or wait until they decide to port it to HLC.

I am really looking forward to the features that an online tool can do that a desktop one can't and for Pathfinder to be released for it. I haven't bought HLO because I don't play Starfinder yet (have about 6 PF adventure paths i am in the middle of that I need to finish first).

Tech moves at a fast pace and LWD needs to keep up or lose ground.
Another factor, for me personally, is subscription fatigue. When I'm earning a decent paycheck, I don't mind paying for a subscription or two. But when they start adding up, even if the money isn't an issue, the number of subscriptions I have to track and manage starts becoming an issue. And based on that, I'll start setting priorities, and paring down on the lower priority subscriptions, regardless of how low the cost might be.

Spotify
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Antivirus
Hulu
MS Office
Roll20

If it's beneficial to my job, I might also subscribe to:
Microsoft Azure
Office 365 for Small Businesses
Certain other professional sites for research, collaboration and ongoing training and education.

It starts to get ridiculous after a while.
EightBitz is offline   #279 Reply With Quote