View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old May 22nd, 2017, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberqat View Post
No. I am trying to create a human subrace which is something like the variant, but not the same in that the bonus feat is fixed.

These are the stats for the sub-race:

+1 to intelligence
+1 to 2 other attributes (player choice)
Bonus Feat: Magic Initiate
Bonus Language: Sueloise
I've been investigating something similar for my campaign, look at the half-elf racial ability (raHElfAbil) - this shows you how to make a +1 to CHA and then choose two others to add +1 to. Copy that and wherever CHA is mentioned, replace it with INT.

When you make a copy of the Variant Humans (raHumVar) and call it "Sueloise Humans" you'll replace the bootstrap raHumFeat (correction: raHumAbAlt) with your new racial special ability above.

The bonus feat and language are added with some more eval scripting that I haven't figured out but I went a different route with my "Humans of Oerth" and decided to create custom Backgrounds with racial flavors (like Scarlet Brotherhood Assassin - which grants poisoner's tool kit proficiency and the language Ancient Suloise, for example).

I disagree with you from a lore standpoint - giving pure Suel human the Magic Initiate feat means that your Frost/Snow/Ice Barbarians are running around with a potential to cast magic missile - which is world busting.

Personally, I might grant them access to one or two wizard cantrips using Intelligence as their casting ability (using the High Elf as a basis for my modifications) if I went the path you're looking at.

Last edited by dungeonguru; May 22nd, 2017 at 02:31 AM. Reason: corrected self...
dungeonguru is offline   #8 Reply With Quote