View Single Post
roguescribner

Old May 28th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Or if the Super-Speed power itself were APed, meaning that you don't have access to its benefits. To allow for both cases, they have the regular AP if you want to AP all of Super-Speed, as seen in my Insubstantial example upthread, or the "Special AP" which is limited to just the 2*Rank points. I've tried both and they both work, even in concert on the same power.

Are you not getting this behavior on your copy of the software? Or are you objecting to having to set up the Super-Speed APs differently than APs on other powers?

I'm not sure what you posted is legal.

From what I gather, it should be:

Super-Speed

Speed + Quickness + Improve Initiative + [Special Alternate Power]

That's a container of effects. Steve Kenson has even said that Super-Speed is a container that contains an array, not an array itself.

Now, from the cost of the Special Alternate Power, you can build an array of standard alternate powers. You can only use either the SAP or any of the other alts once per round per the rules. But Speed+Quickness+Improved Initiative is always available apart from the array.

Again, the Core rules do not make this explicit, but UP certainly does.

Super-Speed is the box that wraps around its associated array of alternate powers. Just like using the Array structure from UP, you get one "free" power at 2pp/rank and then any alts cost 1pp and can cost no more than 2pp/rank. You do not gain multiple special alternate powers for super-speed and you can't have two arrays under the same umbrella.
roguescribner is offline   #13 Reply With Quote