View Single Post
Merion

Old December 2nd, 2019, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
As a note, random tables and Realm Works work really well with Inspiration Pad Pro integration.
To be honest, I usually don't use random table by really rolling randomly on them. But I like having them as pools of ideas and when I need one, I pick one that seems most appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
If you are referring to the D100 tables...

If you can get each list converted into a single row of a CSV (or excel spreadsheet), then you can use it to create all the snippets from the single row into a single topic.

You could then use one row per topic.

For the first step, you would do this using the "Multiple" field of a snippet: drag the first column into the main part of the snippet, and the last column into the "Multiple" field of the snippet. This will then create one snippet for each column of the CSV table.

The only problem I could see if that the snippets won't be numbered (unless you put the number at the start of each text field in the CSV).

Of course, if you did create the relevant CSV, then it would be nice to share it with the community :-) (or maybe even the RW import file?)
Thanks for the help!
Getting the data into a csv is simple with excel, but for some reason the "generate" button is greyed out (see attached).

I only used your tool once or twice before - it's fantastic, but I just haven't had the need so far. I should probably read through its own thread, but it's sooo long
Attached Images
File Type: png RWImport.PNG (56.5 KB, 6 views)
Merion is offline   #4 Reply With Quote