View Single Post
EightBitz

Old November 5th, 2018, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatpuppet View Post
Small question: once I made my homebrew race how do I turn it into a «*monster file*» ?
Add 12 GB of random text as a description. *cough*

Seriously, though, what do you mean by a "monster file"? You save it as you would any other portfolio, and load it up when you need it. If you're asking how to save it as a listing in a bestiary, you can't do that from there. For that, you'd have to create a .user file, either in the editor or by hand.

Quote:
Another question: is there a way to know what adjustments and upgrades are included in the Add-ons we buy? I know about the feats, the classes and all the things related to character creation. But what about those special rules like say «*Spell attack roll*» from PU or «*Wounds & Vigor*» from UC, how does HL apply those during play?
The add-ons align with a book or set of books as indicated in their names and/or descriptions. Ideally, any adjustments and upgrades that appear in the books should be present in the add-ons. You just have to make sure that after purchasing that add-on, you reactivate your license, restart Hero Lab, then select that add-on as a source.

Quote:
If I click on details, I don’t get much details at all. Take «*Called shots*» for example : «*Enable the Called Shot rules from Pathfinder Roleplaying Ultimate Combat book*» OK sure… but what does that entail? I would initially think I get everything associated with the alternate rule, but how can I find out? By messing around with HL? By clicking every tab (feats conditions, etc.) and searching for a «*Called shot*» adjustment? Is there a Help or Read Me file I am missing?
Normally, they're pretty good about including at least a practical description if not a full description. Sometimes, though, this isn't always reasonable. When a description in HL falls short, you can refer to the book in the description. Or if it's OGL content, you can look it up on an SRD. As you can see from the links below, the rules for "Called Shot" are too long and detailed to include a reasonable paraphrase in HL. The description field in HL has a length limitation.

http://aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?Name=Ca...Rule%20Systems

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasteri.../called-shots/
EightBitz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote