View Single Post
Madmaxneo

Old July 17th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Hey a chance to talk about calendars again!

:-)

I downloaded, installed, and tried Aeon, but just didn't find it helpful. I can see it being useful for outlining for a novel or history book, etc. But I can do that in RW, as long as I use the Gregorian system.

And that is what I do.......

And, I really doesn't matter. None of the players really care.
Some of my players do care, or at least did at one time. I even had one party member volunteer to keep track of dates and the timeline. I dropped the ball on that one though. Having a date system adds color to the game and will help in future games when referencing events that happened in the past. At least 3 game systems I have use their own date system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
It does look as if it could be helpful, but I blanch a bit at spending £42 on a calendar for one of my worlds - only one of mine has a non-standard calendar. I'll wait patiently for RW to bring in calendars.
I got Aeon for less than half price through Stack social, consequently I also got Scrivener for about half price. There should be another sale on both of those coming up soon on there. Keep an eye out for them.

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #18 Reply With Quote