View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 14th, 2007, 03:34 AM
At 10:27 PM 6/13/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I'd like to point out that Savage species, as you said, is a 3.0 supplement. Monster classes have since been presented in an updated version in 3.5 supplements like Races of the Wild and the other Races supplements. If I understand you correctly mgehl, it sounds like they haven't changed much, but I don't own Savage Species (because I was a 2nd edition holdout until 3.5) so I can't compare directly. However where/if there are conflicts the more recent should be followed, yes?

And Colen, it sounds like you have it about right. In case you don't have access to Races of the Wild I'll include the info for centaur here as an example... I was going to type the whole thing but probably not be kosher to do so in a public forum, so I'll just hit the highlights.
We've got all the "Races of..." books here. The problem is that some races are covered in those books using the new level progression mechanism, while there are other races that are only covered in the older books and for which it's presented as an all-or-nothing level adjustment. So we need a solution that will work similarly for both approaches. We can't use a race selection for one and a level selection for the other, just because that might be easier to do. That would be confusing for users. Whichever method we adopt, it has to be the same for both as far as the user selecting the monstrous race is concerned. And that creates extra complexity that has to be sorted out properly. :-(
rob is offline   #26 Reply With Quote