View Single Post
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 13th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I'd like to point out that Savage species, as you said, is a 3.0 supplement. Monster classes have since been presented in an updated version in 3.5 supplements like Races of the Wild and the other Races supplements. If I understand you correctly mgehl, it sounds like they haven't changed much, but I don't own Savage Species (because I was a 2nd edition holdout until 3.5) so I can't compare directly. However where/if there are conflicts the more recent should be followed, yes?

And Colen, it sounds like you have it about right. In case you don't have access to Races of the Wild I'll include the info for centaur here as an example... I was going to type the whole thing but probably not be kosher to do so in a public forum, so I'll just hit the highlights.

1st level gives 1st Monstrous humanoid HD (including 2+Int mod x4 skill points and simple wep + longbow and longsword prof) get 1st feat, +1 nat armor and 2 reduced str hoof attacks and modifiers to Int and Dex

Level 2 gives another HD with Hp and skill points, increase in BAB and saves and modifier to Str and Wis.

Level 3 no HD increase so no more Hp/BAB/save inc, natural armor increases, more bonus to Str and Con

Level 4 HD increase to 3 with HP, skills, BAB and saves, now has 3 HD so gains 2nd feat, more bonuses to Str and Dex

Level 5 no HD increase so no HP/skills BAB saves, natural armor increase, base land speed increase, more bonus to Str and Con

Level 6 increase to 4 HD so gains HP skills, BAB, and saves, size increase to large, hoof damage increases

Level 7 would be the first normal class level and would add HP BAB and saves as normal, skill points are not x4 and feats are based on character hit die, so this would be the 5th HD, no feat at level 7
Lawful_g is offline   #25 Reply With Quote