View Single Post
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2018, 04:22 PM
I'm afraid to say that this sort of conflict is why we don't make much use of auto-adds in our own files - we reserve it primarily for gear bundles, and we tend to stay away from starting gear packages and things like that because of the potential that the user will change their mind about which option to add, which changes the things that need to get auto-added. This is a case where I'd use a validation error to complain until the user sets the correct tech level, instead of auto-adding a tech level (unless this is a case where there's a default tech level for each race, but characters can vary from that default).

(As a note, I rarely visit this forum, so I'm sorry about not noticing this question earlier - if you have "how to" questions about how to use the authoring kit or how best to accomplish something, I recommend using the Authoring Kit forum - this forum is intended for users to announce their creations, talk to others about what they've done and coordinate projects if more than one person is working on something).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote