View Single Post
mirtos

Old April 2nd, 2014, 02:11 PM
As a separate program? Sure, maybe, but honestly, i dont see the draw in going with one "suite". I guess if its better than the existing VTTs I might change my mind.

The reason I love RealmsWorks is it offers something that was completely brand new. HeroLab was not the first character creator, but its the best, which is why I pay for it. Its certainly feasable that LWD could create a better VTT than the ones out there, but thats a tall order.

Especially because they would have to handle the people who like other places to host their VTT (like D20pro does), and people who want to run it on their own LAN (like you can with MapTool) and who want to host it but make it available to the internet (like MapTool).

They're going to need to support all computers because unlike RealmWorks, a VTT is pointless unless everyone who would use a VTT can use it.

So while I absolutely believe that they can create a competitor to VTTs out there, I would rather see them spending time and effort improving on the core pieces of RealmsWorks, as there is so much that can be done.
mirtos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote