View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 28th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I haven't seen prechild or postchild in forever - how far back did you go to find those? Those were phased out before I joined the company, back in '07.
Yeah I mimicked some stuff I saw in the d20 files. Its very confusing when trying to learn cause "some" stuff in d20 is modern and lots of it uses deprecated logic.

Because I am still struggling with the UI stuff it makes it very hard to figure out which is a "good" script to take vs a "bad" script.

Quote:
I recommend looking through the skeleton files or savage worlds, to see the more modern portal arrangement styles.
Thanks. Probably would have been a better place to start from....

Quote:
Visual scripts usually do need specific handling for tablets - there are differences in some of the details of how things are sized and how they're arranged. Here's an example, from the attribute position script from the basics tab:
Thanks. Will take a look at your sample script as soon as I can.

A new question is what is an easy way to "test" these changes? I mean on the desktop I did like 500 CTRL-R with trial and error while learning. Is there an easy way to display in tablet mode? I tried the "develop" menu where it says you can change the "interface" to tablet but I get an error saying "tablet mode not supported for this game system". Do I really need to create a .hl file and send to the iPad to test changes?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote