Thread: Script Question
View Single Post
zarlor

Old May 15th, 2017, 04:59 PM
At the top section of an Eval script you'll find a drop down box and a number. Those tell you script when it should run in relation to all of the other things that are going on, the timing. So if that drop down value is set to something like PreTraits, regardless of the number, then very likely other things that will change the value of a trait will still happen. You may want to try changing what is in that drop-down box to Traits instead o Pre-Traits (or whatever it might be) and see if that works.

Timing is kind of an important concept. Think of it in the way you build a character. First you would set the trait to what you pay for with your attribute points, then you have Edges or Hindrances that might change that value, after that you might have a piece of gear that will do something as well, and finally you might have some effect, like Fatigue or Wounds, that would further modify the value. In some cases if you did those things out of order, say applying a modifier for having a piece of gear before a Hindrance, you could accidentally set the wrong value. That's why you have to keep an eye out for those timings sometimes. So try to see if your timing is the problem first and if not we can try some other things instead.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote