View Single Post
Nestor

Old December 15th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatteredking View Post
Nestor, in the Editor, if you go to the Help menu at the top, there are a series of tutorials you can work through to help you get your feet under you with how to work it.

I would suggest not changing what is already there, as whenever there is a new update, the update will overrwrite your changes.

Instead, add new content by creating a new data file (File>New Data File). If you want to modify an Edge in existance, you would then create a copy of that Edge. First, navigate to the Edge tab along the top of the editor, then along the left side towards the bottom, clock the New(Copy) button and find the Edge you want to copy.

Actually modifying your revised Edge or creating a new one will take some doing, and will be specific to what you want it to do. If you post some more specific questions, like "How would I create an Edge that is like Berserk, but gives a +3 Fighting and a -3 Parry?", we'd be happy to help you.

I'll give you a hint, one of the first things I'd tell you to do on that specific one would be to make a copy of the Berserk edge and take a look at how it is built, and how it functions.
Thanks for the offer.

One of my first obstacles was figuring how to actually open a file for editing, since every time I tried it told me I couldn't modify it. And the way the instructions describe it, you copy the file then open it, which didn't work.

But I can see where starting with a fresh file could work.
Nestor is offline   #24 Reply With Quote