View Single Post
Absinthe

Old July 23rd, 2014, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonias View Post
For those of you who can't help but complain....Try building a datafile for free on your own time. It might make you more appreciative of all who have and will build them. Otherwise just go back to pen and paper. Then you can complain to yourself when you screw your own list up.
I actually built a Codex database for my final project in Database Management, so yea I can tell you that it is definitely no fun nor a walk in the park (especially for someone not making a single dollar for their time) and that was just a single Codex.

I'm actually hoping to complete an app that will integrate that previously built database for my Capstone App Dev class, it's been a major pain in the backside so I've got a less complex back up app ready to go in case I can't get this one knocked out in time.

As a customer, sure, I'd love to have my 7th Edition update but as someone that's actually spent time working on databases and application development and integration, I can totally understand that it takes TIME --- especially when these guys (and gals?) are volunteering their time for the data files.
Absinthe is offline   #23 Reply With Quote