View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 1st, 2012, 09:50 AM
Thanks Aaron, the Render Phase now makes some sense. You were making things easier on yourself by not having to repeat chunks of descriptive code, got it.

Thanks too ShadowChemosh, I knew there were many contributors and compilation of data is a nightmare, but I was hoping against hope that you had some sort of documentation on what did what. I may decide to go through and compile documentation so that file authors will know what is doing what and keep all our toes from getting smooshed.

Just an observation, creatures in D&D are far too diverse and far too complicated to assign tags and cover all your bases in an attempt to standardize a process. Eventually, you come across one that breaks the mold you created for it. It's far better to generalize the abilities, and add the specifics on each creature (when it's needed, it isn't always).

Now, that said, you've done some amazing things with some of the tags, things I never thought of doing (in general, I try to avoid using tags unless I need to), and I may have to rethink my current strategy if, in fact, those methods work better than mine. I, too, feel like I've done some amazing stuff in my files. Combined and documented, it should make for an interesting time. Stay tuned.
Kendall-DM is offline   #76 Reply With Quote