View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 15th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Disclaimer: If this post sounds like I am attacking anyone "I am not". I am annoyed at not getting this concept. So my writing may "show" that but its not at anyone on these boards. Its at the concept that is really not making me happy!

I have to start with I am still confused. Sorry but I am not fully getting this which means trying to program it is not possible. I need to be able to do the math by hand before I can script it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthgator View Post
Ninja 1 // Monk 2 = Ability
BAB +0 // +1 = +1
Fort +0 // +1 = +1
Ref +2 // +1 = +2
Will +0 // +1 = +1
HD d8 // d8 = d8
Skill 6+Int? // 4+Int = 6+Int? (Use the ninja's skill points)
At this point right here we don't take the current level 2 monk values. Your taking the delta meaning you end up with lower values than a normal multiclass character. I don't see "why" that is...

We are less than a normal Monk 2 Rogue 1:
Fort +3
Ref +5
Will +3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthgator View Post
Fighter 1/Ninja 1//Monk 2
BAB +2
Fort +3
Ref +4
Will +3
We take the "better value" but for saves your saying we first have to "calculate" the value and then take the delta of it. Why? I still can't find a real answer anywhere I look and this sort of sounds like its your groups houserule (not an insult here). That you found this to work the best and it maybe it does.

Also based on just here alone on these boards I have seen a half-dozen different answers to the question. Seems like their is no real clear cut answer. I see many groups asking to use fractional values as its easier (stargazer mentions that above).

For those that use gestalt rules is this "delta" saves rules really the correct method? Is this what everyone who plans to use this addon want?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #27 Reply With Quote