View Single Post
TheIronGolem

Old August 27th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscowboy View Post
I've converted a certain evil cleric of Norgorber to spheres of power and despite clearly being negative energy channeling, he gains access to the life sphere instead of the death sphere. The class feature is called necromantic focus I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Reproduced. You should be able to fix this by temporarily removing your deity and changing your alignment to Neutral, then you should be able to pick Positive/Cure or Negative/Inflict which in turn will set your Life/Death choice. I'll try to make this smarter in the next update so that it auto-detects this instead of relying on a selector that may be hidden.
Just finished looking further into this one. Basically, the positive/negative selector overrides your alignment and deity, even when it's hidden. This applies to the Channel Energy feature from the core files, not to anything SoP-related.

To see what I'm talking about, try creating a vanilla (non-sphere) cleric of neutral alignment and set them to channel negative energy. Then change their alignment to Good and give them a Good deity. You'll see that your Good cleric still channels negative energy as though they were Evil. It works the same way in reverse; you can wind up with an Evil cleric who channels positive energy.

So I'm really powerless to do anything about this, because by definition Necromantic Focus has to look at your channeling choice in order to decide which sphere to bootstrap.

But there's an upside too, in that this means you have an easy (if not intuitive) way to support non-standard channeling.
TheIronGolem is offline   #145 Reply With Quote