View Single Post
cbradshaw007

Old September 7th, 2019, 10:42 PM
Finally got around to testing this theory.

Mixed results to say the least.

I created a realm (Module Template), created a template I would use for a Module.
Then created an export of that realm.
I imported that into my test realm.

Copied the template realm
In the new copy, I added a module name in all the places that made sense. Mostly in header containers that had repeating data underneath. As an example, Equipment for Test, in the mechanic's area.
Then I exported the realm.

Back in the test realm, I imported this new export from the copied realm.

Result:
Anything I changed, came in as a new item.
Anything I didn't change, stayed the same, or shows as a duplicate.
As an example, Under the world almanac, The Container that was Campaign Name is there with all of its sub-containers. Also, any sub-container or item that didn't get changed. The Container that was changed is separate with only one sub-container that oddly wasn't changed. Thus breaking the structure of what was under the new and the old module by mixing the data.

Another example:
Under Things, I had a container for Creatures of (Name of Module). Under that is Creature 1 and Creature 2. After both imports, I now have only a container for Creatures of Test but I have 2 sets of Creature 1 and Creature 2. The other Container is gone. I can only assume it was overwritten since that was the settings on the import.

In that last example, if I look at the tags, I see both tags for both imports added to the Creatures of Test Container. but the Creature 1 items are either from the first import or the second, but not both.

After this result, I decided to see how my other imports would play. Since they share some Tags and Categories.
Tags came over without challenge.
Categories came over without challenge.
Under the Mechanics References Tab, My Adversaries (Monsters) came up in the correct area under Dangers, but the container they came into is one from another import. So now there is a container called Adversaries and another called Adversaries for Test. Under Test, the Actual monsters showed up in the sub-containers I have there.

So I am not sure what is happening since the logic isnt completely solid on what happened other than if something changed it was safe.

So I am back to the drawing board to find a way to make something as simple as a template for creating the same type of things over and over.

Does anyone have thoughts on what to try next?
cbradshaw007 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote