Thread: A New Tool?
View Single Post
meek75

Old April 9th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
Having a subscription based model is no guarantee for quality and experience. At all.

Shitty software is shitty and paying someone to have something constantly in development is not. Good software on the other hand - sure. But depends on the usage and many other factors.
Yeah, that is without a doubt true. There are a number of products that I did a trail run of and simply didn't have the great experience I was willing to pay for with a sub. My experiences with Roll 20 and D&D Beyond have both been very good so far and I am willing to keep paying for what is offered. When I bought realm works about 4 years ago I was very excited. For the first year and half I was waving the virtual pom-poms and shouting praise. I even convinced some of my gaming friends to buy it. Over time my experience turned sour. Some of the blame was my own. I bought a product based on what "coming soon" rather than on what is currently offered. That set me up for frustration and disappointment. However, LWD bear much of the blame. I won't rehash it all again, but LWD made me feel like they viewed me as the bad guy. Bottom line, I have money to spend on my hobby of choice and I have some options for where to spend it. At the moment RW is still unique in what it offers, but that is not going to be the case forever. LOL, I'm starting to ramble and don't even know what point I was making, so that's a good reason to stop now.
meek75 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote