Thread: M&M 2nd ed. Odd error in validation
View Single Post
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 20th, 2010, 11:49 AM
This is probably a one-time thing, but I figured I'd mention it. I was working on some characters in the Magical Girl Hunters game I'm running and I'd added the Giant Squid from ProdigyDuck's animal builds posted on the YahooGroup. It had two validation errors. First, it used the older version of adding Extrauration and then Flaw:Permanent, for which I removed the Extrauration. Secondly, it had a "jet" power which was an AP that was a Swim power with Flaw: Action to Full Action which HeroLab flags as a violation since it's a Movement power which has a duration other than Move. Long story short, I saved that portfolio, switched to my Golden Age portfolio, made a change in it, deleted the change, then switched to the Foes of Freedom portfolio (it didn't ask me to save, presumably because I'd deleted the added power), did some work there, and then clicked on the Validation icon at the lower-left to check on some issues with my Luna Moth build. I immediately noticed that it was displaying the Validation results for the Giant Squid!

FWIW, the Golden Age portfolio had a validation error involving too many points spent, but I hadn't clicked on the icon. If I can find a way to replicate this, I'll post more, but just thought I'd mention it with screenshot and portfolios involved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Validation Error.jpg (31.4 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Portfolios.zip (774.3 KB, 0 views)
Duggan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote