View Single Post
zarlor

Old January 13th, 2018, 07:40 PM
CC: the header for this thread is, I assume, referring specifically to the Harrowed Edge "Supernatural Attribute" on p. 132, which does allow for it to "immediately improves any one attribute two die types (a d12 becomes a d12+2, and so on)" which explicitly overrides the earlier rule in the book maximizing Attributes at d12 (although there are also 2 Edges in core SWD which break the d12 max rule as well).

maroon69: I can say for certain that the current official Deadlands ruleset has... issues with dealing with Harrowed. I'm not positive how dartnet handles them in his file, but I know that mine (the current version I have is missing Stone and a Hard Place, though, although if someone out there happens to have the last version of it that still had that in there would you please send it to me?) handles Harrowed a lot better and they are set up exactly the same way they are in the Deadlands Noir and Hell on Earth files. Which I'd have to check, but I THINK they handle Supernatural Attribute correctly.

In any case CC definitely has updating Deadlands on his plate so these are things that might be worth pointing out to him, but they could already be things have been fixed in the file he's working on since I know what he has should have some pretty extensive fixes in it already.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; January 13th, 2018 at 07:43 PM.
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote