Thread: License Issue
View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2007, 01:43 PM
At 06:19 PM 2/20/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Owning my own computer business in the US I do not understand this concept of holidays and weekends off. [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
I've been trying to figure out that one for eight years now and still don't have a clue. :-( Note that I was working at the Con (seminar, meetings, etc.), so nary a day of the weekend was a "day off".

Quote:
I realize every copy of MS installed has a unique SID attached to it and a few other uniques for each install. I did go from a corporate special copy of XP Pro to my own personal copy of XP Pro but the rest is 100% the same. If it was reading the Serial Number of XP I can understand the discrepency. The SID will change every install even using the same Serial number for XP.
We don't use the SID for that very reason. We use different information that will remain the same IFF the user installs the O/S the same way, on the same computer, and uses the same Windows product key each time.

Quote:
Thanks for the response and please let me know how to have time off. [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
If you figure it out before I do, please share as well. :-)

-Rob
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote