View Single Post
Sendric

Old October 24th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatorious View Post
Did as you suggested and made sure everything was up to date. I actually think there are more than those here. I tried removing the Arms and Equipment guide just to see what that would do and I got a bunch of duplicate errors coming from the Book of Exalted Deeds.

Here are the errors as they appear right after reupdating everything.

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: AaEG - Armor, Weapons, and Gear.user (line 9) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('wMaul') - found in 'AaEG - Armor, Weapons, and Gear.user', '3.0 - Arms and Equipment Guide.user'
Ok, this is a case where you haven't updated the community set in several years as the file 'AaEG - Armor, Weapons, and Gear.user' hasn't been included in the community set since 2012, or possibly earlier.

The easiest way to fix this is to remove all ".user" files from your data folder then re-download the latest community set release.

Here's the caveat: If you have any .user files you or friends have created, you'll want to save those. If you aren't sure, then I recommend moving all of your user files to another folder on your computer for safe-keeping. That way, if you find you are missing anything, you can go back and look at them and see if any might have the information you need. Then you can copy them back in and you're all set.
Sendric is offline   #784 Reply With Quote