View Single Post
dacoobob

Old August 30th, 2019, 10:57 PM
LW's whole marketing scheme is basically a joke. They advertise as through they're selling a complete and functional product when it's actually just a public betatest at best.

Not that there's anything wrong with "early access" software or public betas... but the way LW presents their product is misleading *at best*. LW staff have posted contradictory statements here on the forums, and meanwhile the public website gives *zero* indication that HLO is a work-in-progress with many missing and/or TBD features (not to even mention the rampant bugs and basic rules errors). I've been following the development of HLO closely since the initial announcement and even I am still continually surprised at the incomplete state of the product... I can only imagine how a new customer would feel after paying their money and logging in for the first time.

To reiterate, I don't think it's a *software* problem; developing a totally new product architecture is always going to be a long and arduous process. Rather, it's very much a *communication* and *expectations* problem. LW needs a competent customer relations/marketing department, badly. Until they address that major shortcoming they'll continue to unnecessarily alienate their existing userbase and new customers alike.

Last edited by dacoobob; August 30th, 2019 at 11:01 PM.
dacoobob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote