View Single Post
JustinThomason

Old November 18th, 2018, 04:54 PM
Farling,

I tried the latest version of the CSV importer, and ran into problems importing into Realm Works.

I'm kind of pushing the original intent of the program. I'm working to put all of Rappan Athuk into a realm. My intent is to build a structural skeleton in Excel, then import that using your tool so that when I start entering the actual text of the (ginormous) module place holder topics for all the specific areas already exist and allow easy linking regardless if I've entered the text for a specific location or not.

I've got everything mapped out in the CSV, and in fact, I've imported essentially the same data in a prior version of the program. That version of the tool didn't allow setting the linking priority on the main titles of topics, so I was getting a lot of false positives for generic location names like "Entryway".

Anyway, I made a new realm and created a new export file using the new version of the tool. When I attempted to import into the clean realm, it got to 22% and crashed.

I have all the pertinent files - my realm structure file, the original CSV, and the export file created by the tool. I can forward any or all of this to you if it would help your diagnosis.

Thanks again for your help to the community creating and maintaining this tool - it is SUPER useful!
JustinThomason is offline   #410 Reply With Quote