View Single Post
wdmartin

Old November 4th, 2017, 02:18 PM
All right! I think I have completed all of the requested changes, plus a few things.

[X] Monks, Unchained Monks, and Brawlers now get Unarmed Combatant for free
[X] Weapon Focus requires BAB of +1 or higher
[X] Weapon Focus works for animal companions
[X] Mythic Improved Critical works with World is Square rules
[X] Kapenia Dancer magus archetype gets Weapon Focus (Flails) for free
[X] Feral Child druid archetype gets Unarmed Combatant for free
[X] Corrected a bunch of typos in the feat descriptions
[X] Made it possible to selectively enable portions of the rule set.

If you have an existing character using WiS rules that has Mythic Improved Critical selected, you will need to delete that feat and re-add it after updating. The original Mythic Improved Critical feat has been suppressed with a Preclude, and replaced with one that uses Weapon Groups instead of individual weapons. The critical multiplier increase applies to all weapons in the selected group, except those for which the hero lacks proficiency.

The last item on the list is involved, and needs explanation. The list of World is Square options in the hero configurator (CTRL+K) now looks like this:

Enable all World is Square rules: Formerly named "Eliminate feat taxes". This turns on all of the World is Square house rules at once. If you have an existing character using this rule set, this will already be checked and the PC should continue to function as normal before.

Grant Default Combat Feats: when this is active, the PC will receive
Agile Maneuvers, Combat Expertise, Deadly Aim, Point Black Shot, Power Attack and Weapon Finesse for free, provided their BAB is high enough to qualify. Agile Maneuvers will only be applied if the hero's DEX mod is higher than their STR mod. Point Blank Shot is given to the hero so that they will qualify for subsequent feats, but its effects are suppressed. Weapon Finesse will not appear in the list of feats, but its effects are applied to light weapons when the PC's DEX mod is higher than their STR mod.

Group Weapon Feats: uses fighter weapon groups in the selectors for Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Specialization, Improved Critical, and Mythic Improved Critical. Also enables Weapon Focus (ray), because rays are not present in any weapon group.

Combine Combat Maneuvers: replaces the usual combat maneuver feats with Unarmed Combatant (Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple), Deft Maneuvers (Improved Feint, Disarm, Dirty Trick, and Steal), and Powerful Maneuvers (Improved Bull Rush, Drag, Overrun, and Sunder).

Dodge and Two-Weapon Fighting: combines Dodge and Mobility into a single feat, and causes Improved Two-Weapon Fighting to scale with level.

NPCs pay normal feat taxes: functions as before.

I made adjustments to a couple archetypes, Kapenia Dancer (magus) and Feral Child (druid). These archetypes grant bonus feats that were replaced or altered by the World is Square house rules. PCs with these archetypes are now granted the equivalent World is Square feat at the appropriate level. If you would like a similar adjustment for some other archetype in the same position, please post a request here. There are an awful lot of other archetypes that could do with adjusting, but I think I'd rather adjust on a per-request basis than attempt a comprehensive reworking of the vast profusion of options out there.

At this point, I would like to ask for assistance with testing. If you are one of the people who requested a change, or just happen to be interested, please consider taking a moment to help with testing. To do so:
  • download the attached files and place them in your pathfinder game system folder
  • Rename world-is-square.txt to world-is-square.1st
  • Open Hero Lab, let it compile and load the data files
  • Load up a character and check to see if it's working.

Try enabling and disabling things. I would prefer to catch as many bugs as possible BEFORE pushing out an update through the update channel I established. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png new-opts.png (57.7 KB, 118 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt world-is-square.txt (5.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: email world-is-square.user (47.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by wdmartin; November 5th, 2017 at 11:41 AM.
wdmartin is offline   #28 Reply With Quote