View Single Post
kbs666

Old May 13th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
Actually I mean I went to the category definition and unclicked the "show" box, so they never show up in topics I create.

So I'm trying out the idea of keeping my own stuff, but converting it to 5e D&D Realm format. However, I'm hitting a snag here. It keeps giving me a "Tag cannot be deleted" error. Unfortunately, Realm Works just crashes (well, goes into "Not Responding" actually) if I click "Save as File" so I can't even figure out the details of the stupid error.

My guess is that this means I am using a default tag that doesn't exist in 5e. So I compared the formats, and 5e doesn't really delete many tags. All I can find that I'm using that doesn't exist in 5e format was the Commoner and Warrior tags in the Class domain. I searched for every topic that included them and changed them. (For some reason, the Warrior tag would let me select the option in the domain management to delete all instances or change them to another tag, but the Commoner wouldn't. What's up with that?) I also had Commoner assigned as default, so I went and undid that setting.

When I try to convert it still gives me the same error. It's possible I have a tag in use somewhere other than those two, but I can't figure out what it is. I can't find any tags outside of the Race and Class Domains that were even removed.

"Why don't you just forget about converting it to 5e format, if that's the only difference anyway?" one asks. Well, besides the fact that I like not having all those Pathfinder tags cluttering up my domain list (yes, I hide them for purposes of selecting tags, but it's the principle of the matter dang it!) I'd also like to have my realm in D&D 5e format so that when they update it further I'm already ready to go, rather than waiting until later and having to go through even more effort to convert things over (there were several dozen Commoner tags I had to manually eplace to get rid of them as it was). My realm is only going to get bigger as time goes on.

It's rather annoying that an error that refuses to explain itself to me is preventing my converting a realm to 5e.
I just tried converting a copy of my main realm from pathfinder to D&D5E which used to work just fine. It now crashes as you describe. I'm not sure when this was introduced but it is fairly recent. Please submit a bug report. This is reproducible and needs to be addressed before they open the CM.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote