View Single Post
Sword_of_Spirit

Old May 12th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I have avoided adding new tags to the Global Domains, making new Domains instead if I wanted to customize them. I have had tags disappear when they were in the previous system's Globals but not the new ones, so be on the lookout for that.
Dang. That will be a real pain. I have a few new domains, but I generally used domains and tags as is where I could, and added in tags when needed (and I've added in a lot of tags). I supposed I can compare the tags from the Legacy framework to the 5e framework and then check and see if I'm using any that don't exist anymore.

Quote:
That's going against the purpose of the Global items, though. They exist to facilitate selling products with uniform organization and system-defined terms so that folks buying content know that it matches with the stated game system, know what various Topics/Articles are going to look like, and can integrate it into their other stuff reasonably well.

So do you plan on buying/importing or selling content? If not then there's not much point in converting back to the Global Categories, though you may want to convert the system to get the predefined Tags.
While I'd like to have content market compatibility in case I do want to get something (who knows what might be available on the market some day), I'm thinking it might not work out for me to convert my categories.

No option exist to hide certain sections and snippets on some topics, but not on others (other than simply removing empty section/snippets) correct? If that is the case, that would mean that if I downloaded anything from the content market, I'd unhide all the things I hid (and have it show up by default on my own topics) in order to see some of the content, which isn't something I want to mess with. I changed the format of my categories for a reason.

If that's the case, then it seems (correct me if I'm wrong) that my best option is probably just to rename and keep my own categories, and accept that I'm going to have to unhide and navigate through some default categories if I want to use content from the market.

So now I come to renaming...

Is there any way to add an invisible character to the category names and have Realm Works register it as a different name? I've tried a few types of spaces--even putting a space in front of the name--and Realm Works manages to see through my ruse, ignore the space, and refuse to accept it as a uniquely named category.

I really don't want to add a 1 or . or something to the ends of the category names (that significantly reduces the aesthetic quality of my Realm, which is part of the reason I bought the software in the first place), and I definitely can't think up better names for dozens of different categories.

Does anyone have any naming solutions?
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #10 Reply With Quote