View Single Post
Kairos
Volunteer Data File Author

Old June 12th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
So, first off, I don't recall web access being "promised" for the Kickstarter...more like "suggested as a future enhancement". Reviewing the kickstarter page now, I see no mention at all of web-based access to the content.
I think it's not an unreasonable assumption in 2013 for an application featuring "cloud service" to have web-based access to that content. It was definitely a thing early-on, but fell off the radar. LW even had a web developer on staff IIRC, but he/she departed at some point after the initial release was delayed.

But anyway, there was going to be the payed client access (which we eventually got in the player client), and a free web-based view of your content (which has not been released). Both were slated for release sometime after the initial v1.0 release.

I know the ability to share electronic content with players was one of the big draws of the tool for me -- and the reason I went with the Alpha Wolf backer level was the ability to share that content via the web. Still hoping for that, and the remaining backer rewards.

Authoring Kit Rule Sets (now with functioning links!):

Qin: The Warring States

Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space

MEGS/BoH/DC Heroes (work in progress)

Last edited by Kairos; June 12th, 2017 at 05:23 PM.
Kairos is offline   #23 Reply With Quote