View Single Post
Zogg

Old December 12th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Regarding documentation:

There should be something akin to a quick start guide: here are some basic concepts (topics, snippets, containers, relationships, etc), here's a basic idea on how to use the storyboard, here's what the almanacs are for. Pretty broad stuff, with just enough detail to let a user get things done ("click the + on the relationships section, select a relationship type, add any notes, click ok.").

And then there should be the full-blown "here's how to do everything" document, which provides the same information (redundancy is your friend), but also gives the whole nitty-gritty on every possible trick (when to use a simple relationship or an arbitrary relationship, why identifiers matter, etc)
Agreed. Like Chemlak I tend to check out the quick start guide and then dive and and start playing around. When I get to the point of "How do I.." or "There's gotta be a better way...", that's when I start rooting around in the manuals (and whilst doing that I invariably find other helpful tidbits).

As for getting help with the documentation, it'll take some work getting it organized (otherwise you could end up getting deluged with 100 different takes on one subject and little else), but I think it would be worth it. Just as long as they follow the image-heavy format (I'm very visual).
Zogg is offline   #14 Reply With Quote