View Single Post
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old December 1st, 2014, 05:49 AM
I think that importing from PDF is unnecessary. I have a lot of data in spreadsheets, which can easily be saved in .csv format.

Possibly we would need to know the database ID of the topic to import to precisely the correct topic. This would have to be shown, but obviously non-editable.

I envisage importing, say tags, thus:

If a person has a database Id of 54997977, and you want to import a birthdate of 01/12/2014.

ID[54997977],Cat[Backg],Calen[Birth Date{01/12/2014}]

I think that you would need to ensure that the snippet types exist first, but there could be an error report if there are any errors. (And the importer would skip over those errors, instead of reporting them one-by-one.)

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #11 Reply With Quote