View Single Post
PatrickRenie

Old March 31st, 2014, 04:46 PM
At the risk of inciting further OS argumentation... I too would like to see a version of Realm Works that I can run on my MacBook without having to download Parallels or the like. When I kickstarted this project, I mistakenly presumed it would have native Mac support on launch day. I have no interest in OS emulation, and so I actually haven't gotten to use the software yet.

If the aforementioned web client fills this role, that's fine by me. Could someone provide a link to details on said web client? (I couldn't find anything with a brief site search.) Additionally, would it be safe to assume that a web client will require an Internet connection the entire time it is in use? (As opposed to say, the Windows client, which sounds like it requires a connection only when creating a new realm.)

In the long run, I would ultimately prefer a version of Realm Works that was native to Mac OS X and didn't rely heavily on an active Internet connection to use. My friends and I like to play our games while camping or visiting remote locations where Internet is scarce, so being able to use Realm Works offline would be a huge plus.

Anyway, the March update email from Lone Wolf asked for product feedback, including feature requests, so the developers would know where to focus their efforts going forward. I hope this post sheds some light on one at least one customer's thoughts.

Thanks!

Patrick Renie
Developer
Paizo Publishing, LLC
PatrickRenie is offline   #9 Reply With Quote