View Single Post
lifer4700

Old March 31st, 2014, 08:46 AM
@Nikmal - For stability I'll take my Windows machines any day. I had 3 Win XP systems at my apartment (I hosted regular LAN parties), and they were far more stable than my roommate's Mac. They all ran for over 2 years without reboot, while his Mac bombed every few months or so. He uses Windows now. Win 7 is just as stable for me (can't be more stable).

I figure why have one machine that runs Windows just for the things that only run in Windows, then run a Mac or Linux for the things you can run on Windows also? I've tried loving Linux as a desktop, but I always end up having to go back to Windows for something or other. I keep Linux as my non-GUI server. I can't afford a Mac just to browse the web.

I don't run virus scanners because I don't get viruses. I don't run as administrator, that's just silly.

I'm not a bit fan of the windows 8 "Tiles" either, but thankfully, I can just go to the "desktop"

I wish Hero Lab viewer was available for Android, but since I don't play Pathfinder much anymore, I suppose that doesn't really matter to me. I am not going to spend the highly exorbitant prices Apple charges for their proprietary, overly-restrictive tablets just to use Hero Labs viewer. I used to use my Win 8 Laptop for live Hero Lab, but lately, I just use MS Remote Desktop from my Android.

Last edited by lifer4700; March 31st, 2014 at 08:48 AM.
lifer4700 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote