View Single Post
Fuzzy

Old June 30th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePaladin View Post
I'd like to add a request to the pile.

When looking at a character's inventory, could we get an option to move everything that is in a container into a nested group under that container? I'd also like to see the ability to collapse those items to reduce the number of items being seen at once.

To use an example, let's say I have a character who has a backpack, three torches, a day's trail rations, a waterskin, a belt pouch, and flint-and-steel. The flint is in the pouch, everything else is in the backpack.

Currently, his list would look something like this:
  • Backpack (Contents: Dry Rations, Torch, Waterskin)
  • Belt Pouch (Contents: Flint and Steel)
  • Dry Rations (» Backpack)
  • Flint and Steel (» Belt Pouch)
  • Torch ×3 (» Backpack)
  • Waterskin (» Backpack)
That's a little hard to read, though. What I'd like to see is something like:
  • Backpack
    • Dry Rations
    • Torch ×3
    • Waterskin
  • Belt Pouch
    • Flint and Steel
Can this be done? Maybe?
I too have really been wanting this. It is great that items can be placed in containers, but it somewhat pointless if that information is not displayed in a useful manner.

Also, while we're talking about the equipment list, would it be possible to have a containers max weight capacity listed as well? Currently, it displays as:
Backpack (7 @ 42.67 lbs.)
and simply turns red when overloaded. I'd love for, if the equipment had a max weight field set, for it to display as:
Backpack (7 @ 42.67/60.00 lbs.)

Something I also did to help with management, is create a Gold Hoard gear item. It is a representation of 100gp. It's set value is 100gp, weighs 2 lbs, and is flagged as a 'valuable item'. This allows me to 'purchase' stacks this gold hoard for full value, as a way to split off a chunk of my wealth. I can then put this stack of 'Gold Hoard' into a custom location (bank, residence, etc). The only 'gotcha' is that you have to make sure when purchasing it to click 'Set' after choosing the quantity to update the purchase price, and have to make sure when selling it again that you sell it for 100%. This would greatly benefit as well from the grouped and nested display of containers and locations.
Fuzzy is offline   #509