View Single Post
kbs666

Old September 10th, 2017, 04:55 AM
Battery issues, I solved that with a good battery bank. My laptop, just running HLC is good for 5 to 6 hours. My battery bank charges it for 3 to 4 additional hours. Since I'm not one of those guys who sits in the PFS hall All day that's more than enough for me.

If I went to my tablet that same battery bank would probably charge that tablet, depending on how much HLO does transmit and how graphically intense it is for well in excess of 12 hours.

Regarding printed character sheets, printed sheets cannot apply buffs and debuffs from a table full of players and the GM. Further the absolute last thing I want to try to do in the middle of a con is to level up a character on a printed sheet. The entire reason I own HL is to make that sort of thing easy. Pathfinder and D&D have simply gotten too complex to expect people to do that sort of thing by hand and get it right consistently.

From a GM's perspective I had to put my foot down about this. The last 2 players in my game who didn't use HL never had accurate character sheets. Correcting their characters after they tried to level up was taking a significant amount of my time at the table when it should have been a simple matter of them making a few decisions in HL.

I like the tactical console and being able to design/store encounters as a .por file but I could live without that stuff. What matters the most to me is the character management side. Happy players are players who keep coming back and HL makes player's lives easier.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #94 Reply With Quote