View Single Post
Paragon

Old May 17th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
"Did you happen to have any luck with the whole player choose their free skill at d6 type thing?"

This is one I don't really understand. Why not just give them the extra build points and let them choose an extra Skill? And, no, as far as I know this is NOT semi-common. A specific Skill or list of a couple of Skills, yes, but not *any* Skill at d6. What's the point? What Setting/Race does that? And like I said, just use a free Edge with a menu to identify which Skill they chose.

There's only so much we can do for edge cases.
As an example, the Synths in Broken Earth do that; they're basically neutral Terminators (cyborgs with a metal endoskeleton and computer brain) and it represents their core programming.

I did end up just giving the skill points, but as I noted there's one degenerate condition where it doesn't work right: if someone decides to build a character at the start with all D4 skills to get the most bang for the buck out of the difference between the yield of advances and initial skill points in buying new skills. I can't imagine someone doing that is common, but its there.
Paragon is offline   #164 Reply With Quote