View Single Post
Sir_Scott_A_Lot

Old September 15th, 2017, 12:40 PM
I would like to second the comment(s?) about keeping WIFI off for all-day gaming at conventions, for the sake of maximizing battery power, as well as point out that many (few/some/most?) small local gaming stores frequently do not have robust public WIFI to support multiple tables of players. I have, on many occasions, fed my computer WIFI off my phone, but that's a very drain on the phone's battery, phone's data plan, on top of laptop battery, because the laptop has no idea that it's on a limited connection, so it's just as likely to try to download giant Windows updates as it is to just talk to LWD's servers. There won't be a perfect solution for everyone, but even in our weekly home-game, we have a tendency to overload the WIFI router, preventing players from getting online, so having some sort of offline functionality would be really appreciated, even if it doesn't happen with the initial releases.

Additionally, from a bill-paying and tracking perspective, I, for one, would like to see some sort of bulk billing, to be able to buy one or even two or more years of subscription at a time, rather than having either a manual or recurring minimal charge. Since that would reduce LWD's credit card operating cost, I hope this has already been contemplated.

I am very excited to see the public beta, and what LWD has in store for us for Starfinder. Since it's being touted as system-agnostic, and sounds like it will be based in a web browser(?), or similar interface, I'm hopeful that I'll be able to bypass the laptop completely, and reference and/or run my characters directly from my phone.

Sending positive vibes to the LWD team, and trying to wait patiently until I can throw money at HL/Starfinder
Sir_Scott_A_Lot is offline   #114 Reply With Quote