View Single Post
JDRook
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Send a message via AIM to JDRook Send a message via Yahoo to JDRook Send a message via Skype™ to JDRook

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlarman View Post
Nigel-

Ok there has been so much back and forth on this that now im cofused lol. WOULD ya mind giving my character the once over paying particular attn to the "dragon's breath" power? - thats the flamethrower-like effect.

while there also please look over the incidiary round build (explosive ammo) Thanks i Apreciate it.
@atlarman - I took a look at the PDF of your powers and here's my two cents:

- you currently have Dragon's Breath as Damage 6: Fire, DC 21; Cone Area (60 ft. cone - General); Extended Reach 2 (10 ft.); Lethal, Full Power (Standard (Active) - Touch, 10ft. - Instant). In use this means that a 60' cone of lethal full power fire could be launched from the power gauntlet or from up to 10' from it, and I gather this isn't your intention. Power Feat: Decrease Area is an option, but it sounds like you don't want the flame to be able to extend beyond 10' ever, and since everything else about the power is fixed (can't be non-lethal, can't use less than full power) it makes more sense to me that the 10' limit simply be a Custom Drawback (Only 10' cone) valued at 1-3 points, depending on your GM.

- your Incendiary Round is written as Blast 5: Ballistic, DC 20; Explosion Area (50 ft. explosion - Targeted); Progression, Decr. Area Extra 3 (-3 ranks); Lethal, Full Power (Standard (Active) - Ranged, 50ft. - Instant). This is a little trickier to follow, but presumably it's similar to the Dragon's Breath, in that it's a fixed Area Effect that is much smaller than the default size for that rank. I'd recommend the same solution as for the Breath above and use a Custom Drawback (Only 20' radius Explosion) or whatever size you were aiming for, again at 1-3 points depending on your GM.

In both cases you want the powers to be not quite as flexible as standard powers, so in my opinion you deserve a few points back for that, which is why I think the Custom Drawback is a better choice than the Progression: Decrease Area Feat. On the other hand, I think a full Flaw is too much, considering you're still getting a lot of damage and pretty good coverage out of the powers.

So my interpretation on those two powers would be:

Dragon's Breath (Damage 6) (fire, DC 21; Cone Area (60 ft. cone - General); Lethal, Full Power, Custom (Only 10' cone)) - 9pp
Incendiary Round (Blast 5) (ballistic, DC 20; Explosion Area (50 ft. explosion - Targeted); Lethal, Full Power, Custom (Only 10' radius explosion)) - 12pp

which should do everything you want for a little cheaper points-wise. Then again, looking at the rest of your sheet, the points look pretty "freeform", so that may not be an issue for you.
JDRook is offline   #13 Reply With Quote