View Single Post
Chris_King

Old January 16th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Not sure quite how to describe this problem, but will do my best!
I have Card Vault installed on my main PC which is an Intel 2.8ghz Processor, over 1gb ram, 250mb drive space. Software was installed and running fine on this, although I have NOT loaded Card Vault on this PC for about a year.
Tonight when I came to load it up, I was given the "Card Vault has experienced a problem" error, with the usual default Send Error button or Don't Send.
To be honest I am totally lost as to why this error is occuring as all other programs installed on this PC run perfectly, Windows XP is stable, no crashes or lock ups, it shuts down and boots perfectly, it has virus software (AVG) and spyware software run periodically.
When I came to install the program on another of my PCs (using my second license) it installs and loads fine, the license installs fine and works perfectly.
I have uninstalled Card Vault from the problematic PC (call this Main for email support purposes), removed all directories, files, then reinstalled it to another directory and drive on the same PC, but the problem remains.
It wont even load in Demo, it just displays the main Card Vault loading screen, then bombs with the error.
Using Event Viewer, the error message shown is:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 17/01/2007
Time: 5:51:26 am
User: N/A
Faulting application cardvault.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module cardvault.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0009587a.

I am sure there is some DLL or file corrupt on the PC, but cant identify which or what is the problem.
Can any one help?

Chris
Chris_King is offline   #1 Reply With Quote