View Single Post
Peanutt

Old August 11th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I am working on putting together the data files for a game Blackwater Gulch. I have everything working and I am just about done. I am now at a bit of a cross road. I am not sure how to go about addressing this request.

The request is that in the official rules when creating a new character you can purchase weapons the same level that you are at in RC (range combat) and MC (melee combat) and below with no penalties.

Now starts the question:
I can get a pop-up select-able lists of weapons filtered correctly by level, however, the request is that a 'pop-up' warning is displayed to the user letting him/her know that you selected a weapon higher than your RC/MC stat and you will be able to use the weapon with a penalty.

1. Is there a 'non-intrusive' way to show a note/warning than with the red oval exclamation?

2. Also when I try to test for example unit.stat[rc] or unit.basestat[rc] I can only get the original unmodified stat, however it is displayed correctly in the debug pop-ups.
I have tried looking at the runtime.rc? and still no luck. What am I doing wrong?
3. So what's the best way to test that the selected weapon when it comes back from pop-up window is <= the RC or MC stat?

And just in case people are wondering, "Yes" I have read and re-read the Army_builder kit documentation.

Thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to read and answer my questions.
Peanutt is offline   #1 Reply With Quote