View Single Post
ibecker

Old April 25th, 2019, 03:20 PM
It would be great if we could collaborate on and share the templates easily, even for games which don't allow much 3rd-party activity.

I just finished entering the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (powered by GURPS) into a realm for myself. In the process, I had to create custom templates for Spells, Skills, Monsters, Professions, Racial Templates, etc. - almost everything, since GURPS mechanics are extremely different than the d20 multiverse mechanics.

I'm not holding out much hope that Steve Jackson Games would ever participate in the CM, but even for people who want to enter the data themselves, it would be nice to have the structure already in place - getting that into a useful form took almost as long as entering all the data!

Now I'm working on another realm for GURPS 4th Edition - creating the Article Categories alone for that is a fairly daunting task. It would be nice if, as a community, we'd only have to do these things once, and easily share and collaborate on them, even for games where we likely won't be able to share the actual data.

-Ian
ibecker is offline   #8 Reply With Quote