Thread: Calendar
View Single Post
Chemlak

Old August 21st, 2013, 08:23 AM
Deck, (I'll take 3 cards, please!), the current info says something along the lines of "virtually any calendar can be created" (and considering the historical popularity of the Forgotten Realms, with its 12 months of 30 days each in "rides" (weeks) of 10 days, plus 5 festival days that fall between certain months, and a leap year every 4 years with an extra festival day added in for that, implementing that sort of calendar should be feasible, if for no other reason than "marginalising users is bad, m'kay?"). I highly suspect that we won't have a problem with the variant calendars that RPGs throw out, once the tool is available. To be honest, I'd be most interested in learning what calendar types can't be created. We know that you can have multiple calendars running concurrently in a single Realm (so, a lunar calendar (or 3, for worlds like Krynn) can bimble along next to the actual calendar of dates, plus calendars for other worlds/dimensions/societies), so I'm confident in the tool. It's mostly that the calendar has a very high priority for me.
Chemlak is offline   #5 Reply With Quote