View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 20th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Sorry for disappearing. My mother went into the hospital the day after this post, so I was derailed for quite some time, after which I was in a huge hole that I've been trying to dig out of. I'm finally just about caught up. Anyways, on to the questions....

There is currently no way within AB to automatically add two top-level units to a squad. If you units must be completely independent, they must be added separately.

The technique proposed will work, although it has a liability. Since neither of the units is a top-level unit, they cannot be dragged around and combined with other units in squads. It also has the problem that the two units would not have their stats readily viewable within the Available Units list. This might be acceptable, but it could also be considered a liability by some players.

Another technique could be to have an option on each of the units to add the other one. The enablement of this option (NOT its "live" state) would be contingent upon a global tag NOT being present. Each of the units would have an "auto-tag" to assign the global tag. Lastly, a validation rule would be used to verify that both units were in the roster. You would then have a situation where each unit could readily trigger the addition of the other one via an option, as well as being able to add both units from the Available Units list, depending on which method the user preferred. You would also be able to move the two units around to group them with other units into squads if you wanted.

Hope this helps,
Rob

At 07:16 PM 4/27/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
This came up for me, as well as for another guy working on adding some characters to the WH data files, and I can't figure out if or how it can be done. Any help would be appreciated.

What I'm looking to do is add a unit that comes out as a squad with another unit as a second squad member automatically. For example, Vlad VanCarstien and Isabela VanCarstien, both independent characters, are always taken as a couple. I could add one as an automatic option of the other, but it would work better if they just came pre-grouped under the Vlad and Isabela squad. Is there a way to do this?
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote