Thread: Synch Process
View Single Post
Parody

Old April 30th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Is it an artificial constraint to encourage us to subscribe or are there legal or technical reasons for this?
How artificial is artificial? They designed it so that some operations are only done on the server. Anything they do on the server "could be" done locally. It'd take some amount of rework since they didn't plan on doing it locally, but it "could be" done.

In this case, it appears that only the server is allowed to link content to other content. Without the server being involved, you can only make duplicates.

My predictions on other answers:

Quote:
What happens if I buy a bunch of content on the CM as a cloud subscriber and integrate into my realm, then at some point in the future I cancel my cloud subscription?
The content is still integrated in your realm, but is no longer updated from its source. Links will be maintained for items as long as you don't change them, so if you get cloud service again then it would resume updating.

Quote:
Is {realm duplication} a technical limitation or an artificial limitation to encourage cloud service?
Again, how artificial is artificial?

Quote:
What if I am a subscriber and I *don't* want content edited in one copy to update content in another copy?
It seems likely that they'd give you the choice, but you could always make a minor edit to a Topic/Article/etc. and force Realm Works to separate it from its parent.

Parody is offline   #42 Reply With Quote