View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old August 27th, 2015, 08:39 PM
@ethernetguru: MindMapping software? Really? I'm not trying to be contrarian, I'm actually curious.

I have XMIND that I use for work. I've also used it for world building in the sense of brainstorming ideas. For example, I made a mind map of all the deities in the different pantheons and created links between them to show different relationships. It was a good way to get comfortable with the world's mythology before taking the time to enter all the deities as topics in RW.

But even the best Mindmap could never replace RW.

I feel the same way about Evernote, Onenote, and Wikis. I use Evernote a lot for game purposes. I use it to clip webpages I may want to reference later. All my purchased PDFs are stored and organized in Evernote. It is a neat tool for capturing an organizing scraps of content, bookmarks, etc. I wouldn't want all that random stuff in my realm.

Wikis come the closest. You can do neat things with Wikis. But I much prefer RW's autolinking, structured forms, in-game presentation functionality, and the soon-to-come collaboration features and content market.

I'm not sure I want to my campaign-management tool and character sheet, VTT, etc. all in one. Maybe someone will come along in do it in such a compelling way that I'll change my mind. Maybe that someone will be LoneWolf Development. But for now, I hope the focus on continuing to improve their campaign-management features. Beyond that, I could appreciate integrations with other products. But trying to expand RW into a VTT is something that I fear would just lead to bloat and instead of being the best campaign-management tool on the market it will be mediocre at both.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #62 Reply With Quote