View Single Post
TCArknight

Old June 4th, 2019, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
Okay...if a player decides to build a Soong-type android character, they MUST take the Talent "Polyalloy Construction." How does the program/dataset enforce that requirement?

In a similar vein, how does taking that Talent reflect the increase in Resistance that the Talent grants the character, because it doesn't appear that it does.
This I need to update. There will be a Validation Error displayed if the character doesn’t have the talent. I still need to add the script to add the Resistance increase.

This will be in the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
While I'm asking questions about requirements, many of the racial Talents say "Certain Species, or gamemaster's discretion." While I can see how to enforce the "Certain Species" requirement, how do I make the program know that the GM has allowed certain things on a case-by-case basis? Say, for instance, that I want to create an Aenar character. Aenar are a telepathic subspecies of Andorians, with telepathic abilities; the easiest way to do this is to just make an Andorian and allow the player to take the Telepath Talent...which is marked as Betazoid only. How do I show GM's discretion with this?
I am away from my laptop at the moment, but there should be (and if there isn’t there will be one in the next update) a permanent adjustment (on the personal tab) to pass the prerequisite for a particular talent.

The same type of adjustment I think needs to be made for Races as well so that they will all be displayed for selection but the user can ‘mark’ a race with that GM Permission.

Thanks for all the help on making the dataset better.

Thanks!
TC

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #103 Reply With Quote